About Toca Boca
At Toca Boca, we believe in the power of play to spark kids’ imaginations and help them learn about the world. We design our products from the kids’ perspective to empower kids to be playful, to be creative and to be who they want to be. Our products include award-winning apps that have been downloaded more than 150 million times in 215 countries and offer fun, safe, open-ended play experiences.
Since the start in Stockholm in 2010 our portfolio has grown to include 34 digital toys and a brand new video streaming service for kids. And soon we’ll be rolling out our first physical products.
As of 2016, Toca Boca is part of Spin Master, a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Toca Boca has 99 employees that are based in Stockholm, New York, Toronto and San Francisco.
The production teams at Toca Boca are just as small and personal as high performing & passionate about making magical play experiences for kids. We are now looking for a experienced project manager to work close to one of our creative teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for app production projects - from the initial concept phase to the release
- Planning, coordinating and executing the project plan in collaboration with the team, always one step ahead
- Make priorities and balance the needs of the creative process with resources at hand
- Coach and inspire the team along the way
- Engage in developing our overall working processes and methodology
- Responsible for the co-workers professional development and well being, setting their goals and salaries
- You have senior team management/coach experience, working with creative and technical software development
- You have the ability to make mature risk analysis and act on it
- You can take an overarching responsibility for technically complex productions distributed on multiple platforms
- You have a good understanding of both programming and animation as crafts
- You have a well organised work style, and an agile leadership approach
- You have the ability to identify dependencies and priorities in a project
- You are a great listener and a bold decision maker
- You don’t assume, you make sure you know
- You love to inspire and motivate others, and strive to renew new ways of doing s
- You have a good way of communicating, sharing information and collaborating cross teams and departments.
- You are passionate about toys, apps and games and believe that the power of play can make the world a better place
What to expect
- Toca Boca expects you to be self-motivated and to continuously want to improve both process and quality.
- You'll be working with team of artists and developers that come to the office excited to learn new things everyday.
- We work in teams of various sizes, which means everyone contributes important ideas to the project and has a shared responsibility for the evolution of the digital toy.
How to apply
Your resume/cv is always helpful, but tell us to something more interesting as well. Hence it would be useful for us if you would like to tell us about work you've done that you're proud of, how you like to work, your hobbies, and what excites you about working at Toca Boca.
The job is full time, and based in Stockholm. We are interviewing ongoing and wish to fill the position as soon as possible. We apply 6 probationary employment.